Sunday, July 27, 2008

An Assault To Your Senses....

Well here I am blogging again. I just wanted to fill everyone in on my trip to Ft. Worth yesterday. My friend Chandra and I decided to go shopping. She use to live in Ft. Worth and so I love to go with her because she knows the city. Well I figured we would do the usual western stores and such but she told me she wanted to go to the grocery store. Now Stephenville is small and sometimes you can't find exactly what you need but it isn't that small so I just kind of looked at her like she was crazy. I am not a big grocery store shopper in fact I pretty much hate it but I thought oh well here we go.
Well let me tell you this was the grocery store to beat all grocery stores. It was the most amazing place I have been and you know if I am writing about a grocery store in my blog it made a pretty big impression. It is called Central Market by HEB and is located on Hulon street (http://www.centralmarket.com/cm/index.jsp). I could spend hours in this place. If you have ever heard of it they have it.
The produce was amazing - there was every kind of fruit and vegetable you have ever heard of. I bought some freshly squeezed pineapple/orange juice - Minute Maid watch out!
Then we went to the meat part all I can say was WOW - there was the usual beef, chicken and pig but then just add fresh fish from every part of the world along with goat, lamb and every other edible creature out there. I tasted their sushi and it was amazing!
So on we go to the bread section. Now I am not a huge bread eater but this was amazing. (Almost sprung for the sourdough but remembered my diet) The cheese section had everything from feta and goat to then some. Let's just say Rachel Ray would be impressed.

Now I know that I am a small town girl but I have been to the city and I have never seen anything like this. Salt Lake City - you need a market like this!! Let's just put it this way I called Ben and told him next time we had some free time we needed to go grocery shopping in Ft. Worth. I know he thinks I am crazy but it is like going to the zoo only it's edible. So for all of you cooks out there (Steph I am thinking of you)- here is the place to shop!

3 comments:

The Funderburks said...

I'm super jealous. I, on the other hand, LOVE grocery stores. Cedar city's don't compare with this place you went to. I bet it was spendy though, huh? Sometimes you just gotta splurge.

Cally Leavitt said...

Hey Jodi,
I am so glad that you found me mom was saying that she thought that it was a blog that she got on to check things out when you were doing the wedding thing but she was not really sure so I was going to ask your mother the next time that she came to the shop but I forgot last time. You know me the blonde runs deep. Looks like you are doing well. The rooms are really cute. That is fun. Hope all is well!!!

Cassidy said...

I want to go to that place. I love grocery stores and I love to cook. I think I would have caved in the bread section...I have a weakness there!!! Oh, and I don't know much about goats, but yours are cute. Thank heavens you didn't have to chase them down good old Hatch Lane. That might have been ugly!