Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Painting...What a job!

I know it has been quite awhile since I have wrote but I have been very busy. From working ropings and rodeo's to painting some rooms in our house, life has seemed to be stuck on the fast forward button. The summer is flying by and I don't know where it has gone too!

I have been telling people about my painting projects and so I finally took some pics today to show everyone. The pics don't do the rooms justice but if you remember the moss green walls with bears, wolves and elk borders this is a big improvement. While Ben was gone last weekend I tackled the small room that I use and he liked it so much when he got home that he asked when I was going to do the other room. Here are some pics for you to see. Below is the my dresser that I gave a face lift to and painted it chocolate brown. You can also see the wall that I ragged. I was worried about the ragging but it turned out great. The lamp was actually brass with a green middle and so I painted it black and added my red shade that I had. I changed the bedding to brown and we bought a small desk to put in the corner so that my computer can actually have a place to reside rather than the kitchen table!!!



Here are some more pics of the other room. These walls were painted a desert rose with a border of horses and barns. The border wasn't too bad but the pink deseret rose was enough to make you puke! I used the same ragging technique and colors because I had paint left over from the other room.



All in all I thought both rooms turned out great and now we have two awesome guest rooms so I invite ya'll (texas term) to come visit!

3 comments:

The Douglas's said...

I love seeing pictures of your house. Painting what a fun job. lol. cue cute

Maydi said...

I love the walls! You are a genius...I am in the middle of painting if you are needing more projects..

Ronda said...

Love Love Love!!! You are so creative!!!! Way to give me motivation!