Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What a week!!!

Wow what a week it was...From Reno to Randolph to Rock Springs and finally back to Stephenville. I was so glad to finally come home and not have to haul anymore luggage. Ben and I took off last Monday for Reno. We both worked the Perry Di Loreto roping and I stayed and worked the Ladies only roping. We had a great time although (I am sure you have a hard time believing this) we didn't lay a dime on the tables. I love to play blackjack but we were so busy we really didn't have time. Oh well I figure I probably saved myself some money. Instead I bought the cutest levi jacket that has zebra stripped hide on it with red stars. I love it and although I shouldn't have splurged I did.

After Reno, Ben headed to Paso Robles for the USTRC regional finals roping and I headed to Utah to work the Rock Springs roping for my dad. Although the roping wasn't quite as big as we wanted it to be, we still had a great time being together as a family. Lex, Lisa and Tess are back from New York and so I was able to spend a little quality time with my neice. Plus my dad and my brothers and I were able to rope together and although we didn't do any good togther we still had a great time. Both my brothers were on fire - their sister just missed for them.. Next time Lex we will get them!


On to the quality time with my niece. I have to brag a bit since she is the first grandchild and the apple of my father's eye. She is so cute - she is now 8 months old and will laugh and smile! She absolutely loves animals and can't get enough of Lizzie and Jack (our two blue heeler dogs). It is so funny to watch her with them. She doesn't even cry when Lizzie gives her a big old kiss! She also loved the horses and steers and was completely content watching the roping from my dad's lap. She would follow each run down the arena like an avid team roping fan. Watch out Lex you have a cowgirl on your hands - I am already scoping out the barrel horses for her although I think we should start with a pink stick horse first!!!


Well Monday morning I finally flew home and met up with Ben. It is so nice to be home and see my husband again!! We are just recovering from the week and getting ready to start all over again - what a life!


I know everyone likes pictures and so I thought I would add some of my niece - as you can tell not only is she the apple of her grandpa's eye but her Aunt is in love with her as well!


5 comments:

The Douglas's said...

i bet it is way nice to be back home! Traveling does take a toll on ya! Cute pictures with your niece!! They are so fun!

Ronda said...

Jodi!! You look beautiful!!! And your niece is a doll!!! I'm proud of you for not hitting the tables!! I consider that quite an accomplishment!! (It is my fav)

Melinda Clements said...

I love reading your blog. It helps me keep track. You and Tess are quite the pair. She is a cutey!! Know you are on the road again. Remember there is an angel on your shoulder. I'm loving your little face.

The Funderburks said...

You and Ben are such a perfect match! Can't wait to meet him someday.

Cassidy said...

Hi Jodi!
I just entered the blogging world and found yours. Great to hear what you are up to. Hope to see you soon.
Keep in touch!
Cass