Friday, September 5, 2008

Kennedy Reunion

Some of you already know that I spent last month in Utah visiting my family. It was a great visit and one I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a very busy month and I am sure I will end up posting a few blogs about it. From my family's USTRC roping in Vernal to barrel racing with my friends in Pocatello it was a fun filled month. Before I begin on some of the month's activities I just want to thank my wonderful husband for being so good about me being gone. I missed him tons and he was such a good sport about it.

Well to start the month off my family put on our annual USTRC roping. It was a good roping and although I didn't win anything my brother Lex won his first saddle in the #8. So congrats to him!! I was so excited for him and hopefully he will be able to use his shootout at the finals in OKC in Oct. and I can cheer him on there.

The next weekend was the Joe and Lota Mae Kennedy reunion. This would be my grandma's family. Well we were the hosts for the reunion this year and it was a crazy two days. We put my aunt Kristy in charge and she did an awesome job. From the food to the entertainment it was a great time. I just wish my rubber ducky in the rubber ducky race would have won....I think the best part was listening to my grandma tell about getting married in England during WWII. It was an incredible story.

My grandma telling her story


My mom - the crafter!


3 on 3 tournament (the old men still showed the youngsters some moves)


My dad - Head of Security AKA "The Cook"

As you can tell from the pics we had a great time. It was fun to spend time and catch up with all of the relatives. I will write more on the rest of the trip to Utah later.

2 comments:

The Funderburks said...

Good times! I didn't know your grandma got married in England during WWII! What a cool lady!

Maydi said...

It was good to see you even though it wasn't very long, just here and there.