Saturday, June 7, 2008

What a horse...

Well it is Saturday evening and I thought I would post a blog. Like other horse enthusiasts I watched the Belmont race this afternoon. It was quite the deal. Like the rest of America I was hoping to see a Triple Crown winner. Affirmed was the last winner and I was barely 4 months old. After watching the race, I feel so bad for Big Brown. He is quite the horse and what an achievement it could have been. Although sometimes I think we always think about what was lost and not on what was won. This is an extra ordinary horse. He just had a bad day, like all of us we can make excuses about his hoof, steroids, weather and everything else but all in all he just didn't have the bottom to finish that race. After the pace he as been at over the last five weeks I feel it is completely understandable. He was incredible to watch in the Preakness and the Derby and by no means should his trainers and owners hang their heads. They have accomplished so many things with this great horse and although he didn't win the Triple Crown he is still a winner in my book. He just looks like he needs a much needed rest... So hopefully in my lifetime there will be another Triple Crown winner and I can't wait til next year's Derby and another crop of colts - maybe the history maker will be in them.

Well on to other things. My friend Chandra and I went shopping today in Weatherford and we went to an awesome Western Furniture store. It was a great time! I just wish I had a bigger house and more money to buy everything I saw. So for those of you that come visit it is a place we definetly need to go - I plan to go back and maybe drag Ben there.

I know everyone that has read this blog is waiting for wedding pictures and believe me as soon as I get them loaded onto my computer they will be up for your viewing. So stay tuned and have a great Sat. evening!

No comments: