Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's Sunday night and Ben is almost home!

Well it is Sunday night and I have already done a better job with my blog than with myspace so I am giving myself a pat on the back. Ben is almost home from San Angelo - he has been gone all weekend to a roping. I am so excited to have him back. I have missed him so much. It is pretty lonely around here without my husband.

My friend Chandra dragged me to church today and every time I leave church I always wonder why I don't go more often. I have such a peaceful feeling after church and so again I will make the resolution to start going more often. It will help with a friend like Chandra giving me a little push. It is different going to church down here in Stephenville. All my life I grew up knowing which bench my family sat in, who had the noisy kids and if we would get out on time depending on who the speakers were. It is alot different down here, not bad just different. I don't know very many people, the ward is very small and if you can believe this there are translators to translate the talks to Spanish. Never seen that in good ole Randolph 1st ward.

Well I know I enjoy photos pictures in blogs so I am including a pictures of Ben and I at the Alamo. We went down to San Antonio for my birthday this year and had a blast. The riverwalk is amazing and the Alamo has such a feeling to it. If you ever get a chance to visit either of these two places I highly recommend them!


Ben and I at the Alamo!



The River Walk!!

2 comments:

The Funderburks said...

I have always wanted to go to the river walk in San Antonio. We need to make it down there sometime.

I love your memory of the Randolph 1st ward - and that it hasn't really changed a bit! Our ward has a lot of elderly people which is weird, but we are really getting to like it as younger couples continue to move in. I leave in 2 days to go to girl's camp. How did that calling not surprise me? :)

The Douglas's said...

I am glad you started a blog. Bo and I are sorry we weren't able to make it to your reception. Are you going to be out to Rock springs again for the USTRC ropin? if you are, we'll brng your present then. It sounds like you are loving married life :)