Monday, April 6, 2009

Charlee & Me - the latest Clement's Addition

I have exciting news to tell - Ben and I now are parents of a beautiful fluffy puppy! Her name is Charlee Grace (Grace meaning she trips over her own feet:) and she is a Great Pyreenese. She is adorable but can be a holy terror and she has us wrapped around her little (well big) paw! Even Ben is in love!


A couple of weeks ago we were in Monroe, LA at a roping and friends of ours, Charlie and Teresa Armstrong were there with a couple of pups. They were taking one to a family there and still had a little girl to give away. Well I immediately fell in love on Friday but figured that Ben probably wouldn't go for it so I didn't say much. On Sunday as we were packing up to my surprise he looked over and asked what I thought about a puppy well I didn't need to think about as I jumped for the chance to have a dog again. (Lizzie my other dog lives with my parents because her and Ben really don't get along...) I guess that Great Pyreenese are great goat guarding dogs and so he figured we need to get one to guard our goats - go figure it always revolves around those goats. So as it turns out home we headed with our new puppy - Charlee Grace.

Just getting her at Monroe - 6 weeks old

She is absolutely adorable and full of her own little personality. She can be pretty stubborn and it drives Ben nuts but it is pretty funny to watch him tryout his discipline skills - me I pretty much just give in - go figure....

Ben & Charlee Hanging Out

Here are a bunch of pictures of her - she has nearly doubled in size in the last two weeks and I guess that they are supposed to get about 100 lbs so she should be a good guard dog!

Charlee's First Bath - Hmmm should I say drowned rat?


Learning to Lead - Not sure who is leading who...


Quite the scary looking guard dog! LOL!

Charlie and her HOPE to be goat friend Claudia (my bottle baby)

2 comments:

Keri said...

She is a great big ball of fluff! So cute.

The Douglas's said...

She looks so cute