Thursday, February 19, 2009

Texas Hail Damage

So I am quite the blogger today but I finally had time to catch up on this and so here is one more post....

Last week we had quite the storm. I have been through many storms now in Texas and believe me you have never seen a rain/hail storm until you have seen one in Tx. It was sunny out Tuesday night and they were predicting a big storm to come through but I really wanted to see that movie "He is just not that into you" so I talked Ben into going to the movies and we left my truck at home. (Needless to say the movie wasn't worth the damage.)
About halfway through the movie we kept hearing all of this thunder but I thought it was just coming from the movie because of course it was raining on the screen. Ben finally looked at me and said I am going to go check it out. He was gone for a few minutes and I started to get worried - tornadoes are somewhat of a common thing and we were under a tornado watch...I begin to envision one coming through the movie theater so out I go. Well as I get outside I look out and dimesize hail is just pouring down. It was unbelievable. Well it was too late to do much about it so we went back in and finished the movie.

When it was over we went back to his truck and inspected for damage but found none (lucky him!). Then I started thinking about my truck at home. I haven't had it back very long from the wreck it was in. Well we got home and needless to say we had golfball size hail at our house and my truck hood was covered with dents. My windshield was broke and my bug guard was broke as well. The vent on my trailer was shattered and I was pretty much disgusted. I am just thankful that my truck is drivable. You will have to look close in the pics but believe me it is full of dents and a cracked windshield!





So I am now in the process of getting more estimates and will never leave my truck out again if they are calling for severe storms. I learned a pretty hard lesson. Hopefully one of these days I can post pics of a truck that is not damaged...I keep crossing my fingers. Such is life in Texas I guess.

No comments: