Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving - Hawaiin Style

As usual I am late on catching up my blog but oh well I did want to write about our Thanksgiving.

Ben and I got to go to Maui for Thanksgiving this year. Ben usually goes over and works the USTRC roping there for our friend Peter Baldwin and this year I was able to go with him. We went a couple of days early and so we did a little of the tourist thing. It was a great trip. Thanks so much to Peter and his family - they let us eat Turkey dinner with them and yes even in Hawaii they have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing ect. for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful meal and we really enjoyed his family!
Dinner Fri. night with Peter Baldwin, Myron Duarte, Dick and Julie Foreman

The roping was at Piioholo ranch (Peter's ranch) and what a beautiful place. He took us for a tour and there are some pics below. It is amazing to see cows on the hill and the ocean below - how lucky can a person get!

You can see Peter's pastures, some of his cows and the ocean - What an amazing view!

We went down to the ocean a couple of nights and it was so beautiful. We were on the north side of the island and so the waves were pretty high - at least to me. My only complaint about the whole vacation was I could of spent more time on the beach but I never seem to get enough time at the beach. There is something so relaxing about sitting on the sand, listening to the waves and soaking up some sun!

We were on our way to dinner and stopped at this beach - needless to say I went to dinner with wet shorts...

I thought this was a great pic of Ben!

I was trying to body surf but all I seemed to do was end up with a suit full of sand!

Probably the highlight of the trip was getting to go on the Piiholo zip line. They are putting a zip line in on Peter's ranch across a beautiful deep gorge and so a bunch of us got to go! It was so much fun and if you are ever in Maui you need to go on that zip line!

Peter and Ben on the Zip line landing called the Tree House.

Ben and I getting ready to Zip line. Aren't we all geared up! LOL

Look close you can see Clay and Bobbi Tryan going down the zip line.

Well besides doing all of the tourist stuff we also got to rope. Ben has been wanting to win a Hawaiin buckle for a long time now and he finally got it done. He and Alex Shulman were the Gold Plus champs and he is sporting a new buckle - yeah for Ben. I also roped but didn't get anything done.

All in all it was a great way to spend Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

The Funderburks said...

Looks like such a wonderful time!!

Keri said...

You needed that vacation after the owie on your truck.