Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ranch Rodeo - Go K Bar Team

I know I have been horrible about keeping up with my blog - life just seems to be so busy but I did want to write about the ranch rodeo we went to in Sept. It was alot of fun and I got some pretty good pics!

I don't know how many of you have ever been to a ranch rodeo. I hadn't until I moved to Texas but they take them pretty serious around here. My husband has a yearly tradition of entering the one held in conjunction with the Permian Basin County Fair (yes I got my yearly intake of fair food - gotta luv it). Now this is a big deal and when I say big deal - I mean he prepares for weeks in advance even to the point of borrowing a fancy cutting horse to ensure his team's victory. His team has won it I don't know how many years and so there is alot of pride and ego on the line.

His team is made up of his dad and a few of his friends. There are five members on the team and they all compete in a list of different events from cutting and sorting to branding, bronc riding, trailer loading and wait don't forget the goat roping. Let's just say that the first year I went out to watch while we were dating I learned alot. My husband is a pretty easy going guy but when the ranch rodeo weekend is here - his competitive edge comes out and he is going for the kill and taking no prisoners. Well anyway it was a great weekend and yes the K Bar team did it again - They are the CHAMPS! So congrats to you guys - you did awesome and I was so proud of you and thank heavens it is over for another year!


The Fans

The K Bar Team

Trailer Loading


Branding

Ben and Dane planning strategy


Rescue Race

Sorting


Ranch Bronc Riding



My husband - The Pickup Man

I don't know which one's more tired - Raven or Ben

The Winners!

(L to R - Bob Clements, Ben Clements, Dave Driver, JW Todd, Drew Leeton)

1 comment:

The Funderburks said...

Jodi - I read your comment about the green chilies in spaghetti while I was making spaghetti and happened to have some green chilies. I threw them in and YUM. Thanks for the tip. I tell you, there is something about these Texan men we married and their green chilies. Please send any Texas or green chili recipes my way!!